Passive Income !!! There are different ways of making passive income and here we are going to discuss about making passive income teaching online using Udemy.
What is Udemy ?
Udemy is an online education portal, launched in 2010, by Eren Bali, Oktay Caglar, and Gagan Biyani . Udemy helps both students and instructors(lecturers) by creating excellent learning & teaching environments.
Students can learn the best courses with complete schedule and exercises .
Instructors can earn by launching their courses.
The best thing here is Udemy is completely FREE portal which allows you to register and create you own course for free on the Udemy hosting space itself, as you don’t need to invest anything additionally other than having few requirements ( like microphone , ppt software , video creating softwares etc. we shall discuss about them later).
Advantages of using Udemy for launching courses
By using Udemy as the platform for launching courses , there are several advantages and here are the few important ones listed.
You need not spend on Domain & Web Hosting.
You need not buy any external storage for hosting course files likes videos, zip files etc.
You need not buy any external Membership softwares.
You need not worry about payment setup criteria and automation of payments.
You need not worry about the creating a new brand.
Very easy to establish a communication channel between instructors and their students.
Easy to send messages about any future promotions or information about your new courses.
Easy to bundle your courses with others and skyrocket your sales.
Easy to create and set coupon codes and their expiry after certain number is reached.
You need not worry about affiliate cost and setup as Udemy allows affiliate promotions.
You can promote your own courses along with other courses.
If you use the standard plugins and themes for all the above requirements , you may have to spend around $200USD to $800USD or more depending on your requirements. By choosing Udemy as the main platform for launching your courses, you can save all these extra spaces and control your expenses.
How popular is Udemy ?
Udemy, because of its quality and standards, was featured on several top level references like Forbes, Financial Times, TheNextWeb, XConomy, Information Week, Venturebeat, Education News, Huffington Post, Evolllution, Wall Street Journal, Business Week , MSN, CNBC, Gigaom, Mashable, Techcrunch , Venture Hacks and others.
Udemy has got more than 8000 courses (include both Free and Paid) and 800,000 students. Few courses are so popular that the combined revenue of top ten instructors is more than $5Million USD.
Top Instructors Making Over $5 Million USD
Here is the list of top instructors who made around $5 Million USD teaching on Udemy.
1. Infinite Skills instructors: $565,320 in total course sales (top course: “Microsoft Excel for Beginners”)
2. Bess Ho: $218,935 (top course: “Learn to Develop an iPhone or iPad App in 4 Weeks”)
3. Victor Bastos: $175,168 (top course: “Become a Web Developer from Scratch” – and that was in six months, so well done!)
4. Mark Lassoff: $162,051 (top course: “HTML and CSS for Beginners”)
5. Zed Shaw: $126,585 (top course: “Learn Python the Hard Way”)
6. Miguel Hernandez: $96,508 (top course: “How to Create an Awesome Demo Video for Your Business”)
7. Huw Collingbourne: $88,285 (top course: “Ruby Programming for Beginners”)
8. Robin Nixon: $86,797 (top course: “HTML5 Beginners Crash Course”)
9. Chris Converse: $81,258 (top course: “Creating Responsive Web Design”)
10. Eric Ries: $53,573 (top course: “The Lean Startup”)
source : Udemy
The below infographic is published on Udemy and here is the original source link.
We shall soon extend our reference guides on Udemy for creating courses, traffic strategies and affiliate promotions. In the mean, you can check out the below link to join Udemy and navigate around several courses to get an idea about how the system works.