You may have already heard many marketers talk about how email marketing made their lives much easier.
Email has been around for more than 35 years now since Gary Thuerk sent the first mass email.
This marketing strategy remains to be an effective means to get a brand’s message across.
It shows no signs of slowing down anytime soon.
Table of Contents
- What Is Email Marketing And Why Should You Care?
- Benefits of Email Marketing
- Eye-Opening Stats To Drive Your Email Marketing Decisions
- Setting Your Email Marketing Goals
- Pick Your Email Marketing Service
What Is Email Marketing And Why Should You Care?
As a profitable strategy, email marketing allows businesses of any size and nature to send emails to a targeted list of existing and potential customers.
Email has empowered solopreneurs, start-ups, and established brands to take their businesses to the next level.
Many businesses make email marketing a huge part of their marketing plan since they find that it drives more of their quality inbound traffic and builds greater trust with their audiences.
Social media is indeed attractive but using it as your only means to build your audience won’t guarantee you 100% success.
It is a constant challenge to position yourself in front of your social media fans when there are a lot of more enticing things to like and comment on in Facebook Newsfeed and other platforms!
Wouldn’t you agree?
And by the way, it can be very daunting to live by the rules of a social media platform.
Based on a study by Radicati Group, the number of email users from around the world by the end of 2017 will reach 3.7 billion email.
Benefits of Email Marketing
You need email marketing simply because it helps you achieve the following:
- Boost your personal brand
- Strengthen your customer relationships
- Generate higher sales
- Keep people up-to-date with your latest offers
- Get your audience to regularly visit your blog
- Capture your prospects’ information such as their phone numbers
Eye-Opening Stats To Drive Your Email Marketing Decisions
If you want a real solution that will get you in front of your target audience, email marketing is the way to go.
When we compare it with blogging and social media marketing, email marketing ensures that your messages will be heard every time.
To convince you that this business strategy is worth your while, I’ll show you some of the best email marketing stats and predictions (2017 edition).
Hopefully, these points will guide you in making better decisions for your brand.
- Email campaigns that have been segmented get a much higher open rate, about 14.32%.
- Abandoned shopping cart emails are more likely to help e-commerce customers complete their purchase.
- For every $1 you spend on email marketing, you get a return on investment of $38.
- 61% of online consumers love getting weekly promotional emails. 38% are looking to receive more frequent emails.
- 88% of people using smartphones always check their emails on the same device.
Setting Your Email Marketing Goals
Before you go on to choose a reliable email marketing service and building your email list, you need to write down your specific goals.
What are your short term and long term marketing goals?
For you to effectively define the goals for your email marketing campaign, it would help to first identify your Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
Take the time to ask yourself these important questions:
- Who are the recipients of your email?
- For what purpose are you going to send emails to people?
- How can people benefit from your email marketing messages?
- Can your email make a good first impression?
- What are the specific actions that you want your recipients to take after reading your messages?
- How will you measure the success of your email marketing campaign?
- Do you have the time to deliver quality email content on a regular basis?
Pick Your Email Marketing Service
It’s a no-no to use your personal Yahoo or Gmail account in sending out those marketing emails.
An email marketing service not only protects you from getting flagged as spam, it also provides you with tracking tools that let you know how well your emails are performing.
To help you get that well-deserved sleep at night, an email marketing tool will allow you to schedule those emails in advance!
For something that gives you more bang for your buck, I personally recommend Aweber.
This service has a drag-and-drop interface and features unlimited signup forms to help you stay in touch with your subscribers. Read our very own review on Aweber.
After you’re done signing up for an email marketing service, it’s time for you to start building that email list.
An email will be here to stay. It’s timeless and will forever continue to see growth.
There’s no reason why you shouldn’t make email marketing an indispensable investment for your long-term business success.
Whether you’ve already started building your business and making money or are still planning to do so, consider email marketing now to gain higher ROI in no time.
- Email Marketing – What is it? Why do it? And How?
- How Email Marketing Works in 2017 – The Definitive Guide
- 3 Email marketing strategies—and how to use them effectively