Your audience is in need of your advice to help them run their online businesses successfully.
Their chances of connecting with you depend on whether or not they find your blog on top of Google search results.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a set of practices that help your blog boost its rankings on Google.
By optimizing your blog, you get to become more available to your audience and start building a relationship with them.
Here’s the huge question: What specific SEO techniques should you follow to drive more traffic to your blog and increase its conversion rate?
Today, I am sharing with you 7 of these techniques which you can easily follow.
Table of Contents
- 1. Optimize your blog for mobile users.
- 2. Write content for people and optimize for search engines.
- 3. Do guest blogging.
- 4. Make sure that your blog loads fast.
- 5. Use social media to share your content and acquire more prospects.
- 6. Repurpose your blog content.
- 7. Use Google Analytics.
- Final Thoughts
1. Optimize your blog for mobile users.
According to Google, more than half of its searches now are done via mobile devices.
Since a majority of internet users consume online content through their smartphones, it is best to make your site mobile-friendly.
A blog that only has a desktop version looks bad on a mobile device.
Your visitors would need to pinch their screens in order to view your entire content.
If you want them to have satisfying experiences and keep coming back to your site, make sure you build it from the start using a content management system such as WordPress.
Also, choose a responsive and professional-looking theme that’s SEO ready.
2. Write content for people and optimize for search engines.
Here is the most important advice for readers to love your blog and consider it valuable: Write for them.
But remember that you should also be optimizing your content for search engines.
Doing this helps your blog get found by your audience.
Research for relevant keywords that people often enter when looking for information online.
There are lots of free keyword research tools like Keyword Tool and Keyword Shitter (for long tail keywords).
After doing keyword research, use your keywords to create content that:
- Captures your reader’s attention.
- Offers tons of information, tips, and advice.
- Uses proper formatting – With short paragraphs, concise headings, short sentences, correct grammar, and spelling.
- Has high-quality and engaging images.
3. Do guest blogging.
Guest blogging or guest posting means publishing a blog post on another site.
It’s another effective way to get more exposure for your blog.
Always make sure that the site where you are going to guest post caters to the same target audience as yours.
In addition to the site’s relevance, it should be authoritative.
Check the blog’s domain authority.
Do you want to discover guest blogging opportunities?
Simply start with Google.
Type in Google Search “submit a guest post.”
You’ll get plenty of results that lead you to guest posting guidelines on different blogs.
Guest blogging allows you to obtain more quality links from credible sites. This helps increase your rankings and enables new people to discover your brand.
Here are some quick tips on guest posting:
- Before contacting the blogger, read his guest posting guidelines.
- Create meaningful content that educates readers.
- Go to your chosen blog’s published posts. Use the same formatting used in other blog posts (with quotes, images, etc.)
- Add a link or two that lead readers to relevant posts on your site.
- Include a call-to-action at the end of your post asking readers to share it and leave their comments.
4. Make sure that your blog loads fast.
A slow loading website frustrates visitors.
It lowers your conversions and leads to ineffective indexation.
Kissmetrics mentions that 47% of online consumers expect a site to load in 2 seconds or less.
Moreover, 40% of visitors leave a website if it takes over 3 seconds to load.
If you want to check your blog’s speed, these free tools will help you out:
Follow these practical steps to make your blog load faster:
- Find a good web host that provides VPS hosting and dedicated hosting. Bluehost makes a good choice.
- Reduce the file size of your blog images. You can do this with photo editing tools like PicMonkey.
- Minimize the use of plugins as much as possible unless these plugins are optimized for speed and SEO.
- Store your media files on a cloud storage website like Amazon S3 or FileZilla.
5. Use social mhttps://web.archhttps://web.archive.org/web/20170917061842/https://aws.amazon.com/s3/ive.org/web/20170917061842/http://kevinocas.io/Likes-BlueHostedia to share your content and acquire more prospects.
You’ll be able to quickly grow your traffic by taking advantage of social media.
According to Brandwatch, there are over 2 billion people actively using social media.
This fact alone is a powerful reason for you to leverage social media for more traffic.
Share your blog posts more than once on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Twitter.
Make sure to add social sharing buttons on your site so your audience can share your content as well.
Use fast loading and responsive buttons by Social Warfare.
Find opportunities to connect more with your audience on social media.
Use hashtags, promote your content, and ask questions to keep your followers engaged.
6. Repurpose your blog content.
Repurposing content means recycling your old content into different formats to cater to the unique preferences of your target audience.
By using your previous blog posts in other ways, you will be able to reach more people while saving time in content creation.
Here are popular formats to consider when repurposing your content:
- Slideshow presentations
- eBooks or PDF guides
- Email courses
7. Use Google Analytics.
Google Analytics is a free tool offered by Google that allows you to understand how well your blog is performing.
This tool generates data regarding the following:
- Online campaigns that bring in more traffic and conversions.
- The number of pages people visit and how long they stay on those pages.
- The location of your visitors.
- Specific pages that have low performance.
- Percentage of new blog visitors.
While you are following these 7 simple techniques I’ve shared with you, remember to remain consistent.
Consistency allows you to get real results.
Being able to drive massive traffic to your blog does not happen overnight.
But with a little patience, you’ll be delighted to reap the benefits of your efforts.
Now it’s your turn to share your opinions and ideas on getting more blog traffic.
Did you enjoy this post?
Please feel free to comment below!